Chance Casey

Default any advise on aligning tablesaw blade/fence?

Until the more experienced folks answer, here is my unqualified $0.02

DAGS for table saw tuning and you'll be able to compile a good idea of
what it takes. I have yet to "fine tune" my saw, but have aleviated my
burning problems by:

1. using a featherboard
2. not leaving the wood motionless against the moving blade too long

Also remember that some species are more susceptible to burning than
others.

I'm just kind of guessing here, but I think not using a featherboard
could result in .001" or more of misalignment easily, depending on the
length of the rip. Also, shallower hooks (or teeth?) in the blade
(finish versus general purpose blade) mean more metal and carbide
surface area on the side of the blade as well as more teeth in the
wood -which means more friction. Generally it's "cooler" to rip out
big chunks than file away bit by bit. So you can probably get away
with less alignment error with the more finishy blades.

-Chance Casey