Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default The first time I ever got fired:

On Jul 4, 7:04*pm, Home Guy wrote:
wrote:
What made me think of this incident? Read this article and see
how corporations are literally controlling your lives:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...a-lifeguard-fi...

This is just another example of how your country is ****ing itself up
the ass.

And why is it that a private company is paid to patrol a public beach?

Its called "privatization" where a government will "outsource"
functions which are seasonal or difficult to manage the low
skill high turnover positions to "vendors" who operate such
services under a contract...

Services commonly outsourced in this way:

Custodial/Janitorial/Building Maintenance
Food Service/Cafeteria
Trash Collection
Excise Tax Collection
Building Security Guards/Watchmen

If you think this isn't something that is happening in your
area, you should investigate whether your local school
district still has its own in house food service workers
or have they been outsourced to a vendor ?