Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] recyclebinned@gmail.com is offline

Default The first time I ever got fired:

Many years ago I used to work for a property management company as a technician. One day they asked me to do a repair that was against building and safety codes. I refused, so they fired me. After I got fired I applied for unemployment. The EDD (Employment Development Department) told me that I wasn’t eligible to collect unemployment because I wasn’t laid-off but was fired. I appealed their decision to a judge who, although accepted the fact that I was asked to do something illegal, never-the-less found that I wasn’t qualified to receive unemployment because “the law says that I cannot receive unemployment if you are dismissed form a position”.
What made me think of this incident? Read this article and see how corporations are literally controlling your lives:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...red/56018178/1