Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT/ IT'S A MAN THING

On Jul 4, 12:43*pm, "WW" wrote:
"ChairMan" wrote in message

.com...

I usually post this around the 4th.
No, I didn't write it, I don't know if its true, but it damn sure is funny

SNIP

Two sons decided to explode 2 liter soda pop bottles in back yard. Put some
dry ice in with a small amount of water and cap quickly and RUN fast. This
makes a LOUD bang as bottle explodes. We had a large pile of dirt in yard
from excavation for a large garage. I said why not bury bottle in dirt up to
the neck. They did. The explosion blew dirt and rocks onto our house and 2
neighbors houses. Thank goodness no damage and very good neighbors. *Never
did that again. WW

What happened to vinegar and baking soda? I had a lb of sodium when I
was a kid, we would ride our bikes to the inlet area and used to throw
marble-sized chunks under a bridge over the Indian River in Ft Pierce,
FL on the side where the water was going under the bridge. After a
few seconds, the tide would take the sodium to the other side of the
bridge where all the fishermen would be so their lines went away from
the bridge. They sure did jump when a fireball erupted from the water
and then had little fireballs when the shattered sodium pieces fell
back into the water. By then we were well away from the suspicious
area and never did get in trouble. But I don't think the fishing was
too good in that area for several minutes.