Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default Doorbells - what is it

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 16:11:44 +0100, Davey
wrote:

with the house name engraved into that, and it hangs in front of the
porch light. Duh!

Any experienced courier has a torch for exactly that.

Maybe, but I have no control over what couriers carry. To me, the
householder was the stupid one in the first place.

Lack of forethought and planning, nothing new there.
I think some people don't like their house being too easily
identifiable on the street by name or number being easily visible, but
that's a different kettle of worms.