Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe Andy Cuffe is offline

Default Source for iW3610 LED driver

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 17:26:43 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 06/29/2012 05:16 PM, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 19:50:39 -0500, Andy put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I'm looking for somewhere in the US that will sell me 15-20 iWatt
iW3610, or IW3612 LED driver ICs. They're used in the power supplies
of LED light bulbs.

So far, I've only found them at large industrial suppliers (mostly in
Asia), and at http://uk.rs-online.com. Unfortunately, RS won't ship
to the US, and their US partner site (Allied) doesn't have the part.

If you still haven't been able to find a source, I can order the
IW3612 from RS in Australia for you. Shipping is free to my door, but
you'll have to pay the postage from me to you.

http://australia.rs-online.com/web/c...IW3612&x=0&y=0

- Franc Zabkar

http://www.findchips.com/avail?part=IW3612 , which leads to

http://www.cdiweb.com/ProductDetail/...428373/pid=608

CDI is in Denver. Octopart says $1.43, but I don't know whether that's
real or not.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

I already filled out the quote form at CDI, but so far no reply. I
suspect they aren't interested in small orders. Maybe I'll try
contacting iWatt for a list of distributors.