Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Warm Enough

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 09:20:02 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 7/4/2012 7:34 AM, Han wrote:

Sorry, Leon. I forgot how far Houston is from the drought-stricken areas
of Texas more to the west.

That part of Texas is historically dry ... even the plant types in the
region prove that as a fact (IOW, when you see primarily mesquite and
cactus, don't expect a lot of rain).

It's only "drought-stricken" in the newcomer's mind, who somehow expect
all places to have the same "weather" from whence they came.

That bit of ignorance, in a nutshell, certainly plays its part in the
perception of "climate change".

Some clients just last week commented on the burden of having to water
during the summer. They didn't water at all in Colorado, where they
came from.

We have double the rainfall here in Oregon that I did in LoCal (32 v.
13.69" annually) but it doesn't seem like it rains much more. LoCal
was a very arid place.

What? Houston gets 49.8" annually? Amazing.

--
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.