Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default O/T: Warm Enough

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 7/3/2012 8:32 PM, Han wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 7/3/2012 2:39 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/3/2012 2:02 PM, Jim Weisgram wrote:

Presumably the milder winters are a result of global warming due to
greenhouse gases. However in this forum the "due to" part isn't
likely to be accepted. So be it.

More than a wee bit of condescension, eh?

Consider this:

In 2010 the US experienced its coldest winter in 25 years, according
to the National Climatic Data Center. At the same time, it was also
Canada's warmest. Ditto for most of Europe, including this past
winter where 600 perished from cold related causes ... ie, they
****ing froze to death. How "mild" is that?

Hard to believe but the believers have actually concocted a
complicated explanation that the harsh winters are a result of global
warming.

All along I have contended that winter following summer is the

leading
cause for colder and and more harsh lower temperature.

I get my prediction data from the world renown calendar.

Just to get you back on track, Leon, one of the predictions of the
global warming crowd is that it will lead to more extremes. Hope you
guys get some rain soon ...

We really do not need rain. We have had about 30 inches so far this
year. I got an inch on Sunday and about 4 inches about 3~4 weeks ago.

This simmer has been considerably cooler/less warm than last summer but
because of the rain it has been much more muggy. Last summer was

hotter
but dryer so it was not so uncomfortable. IMHO it has really only
gotten rather warm in the last 30 days. Ten years ago and for several
years it was normal to be at these temperatures in mid April.

As far as extremes go ten years ago we had more extreme temperatures
than in the pas 6 or so years. In 1983 I saw 2 full weeks of freezing
temps every day in Houston. That is extremely rare, and in 1989 we saw
7 degrees over night and I have never seen it that cold here. In the
last 5~7 years we have has measurable snow fall at least 3 times, I had
seen snow in Texas 2 times in the previous 50 years.

Sorry, Leon. I forgot how far Houston is from the drought-stricken areas
of Texas more to the west.

--
Best regards
Han