Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default O/T: Warm Enough

in 1531860 20120704 125447 "HeyBub" wrote:
Leon wrote:

As far as extremes go ten years ago we had more extreme temperatures
than in the pas 6 or so years. In 1983 I saw 2 full weeks of freezing
temps every day in Houston. That is extremely rare, and in 1989 we
saw 7 degrees over night and I have never seen it that cold here. In
the last 5~7 years we have has measurable snow fall at least 3 times,
I had seen snow in Texas 2 times in the previous 50 years.

It's all about what you're used to.

Snow in Houston is a source of much amusement: Schools and businesses shut
down, the freeways are closed, citizens stock up on strawberry PopTarts and
beer, church pews get crowded, families gather in the den and proclaim how
much they love each other...

Conversely, when a hurricane enters the Gulf, visitors from northern climes
look down and say "Feet! Make tracks!" while natives universally exclaim:
"Party Time!"

Until you've seen a metal trash can (lawn chair, dog, etc.) sailing down the
street at 70 miles per hour...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gpM5...layer_embedded