Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default Doorbells - what is it

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 15:54:28 +0100, Davey
wrote:

Our area has names instead of numbers, but the comment is still valid.
Last winter, I walked past a courier driver trying to find a house, but
it was after dark, and not all names could be seen. He eventually found
where to make his delivery. The next day, in daylight, I saw that the
house in question has a dark wooden sign, with the house name engraved
into that, and it hangs in front of the porch light.
Duh!

Any experienced courier has a torch for exactly that.