Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mobility Scooter

On 04/07/2012 00:05, Frank Erskine wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 12:02:31 -0400, S Viemeister
wrote:

On 7/3/2012 11:47 AM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
S Viemeister wrote:
On 7/3/2012 9:08 AM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Have a mate with one of these - and he's been quoted some ridiculous
figure for new batteries.

Out of curiosity - is your friend ex-BBC?

Not as far as I know. Pretty colourful past, though, so anything is
possible. ;-)

Well, when you've found a good source for the batteries, make sure you
post the info - I have a relative in London (ex BBC film editor) who
will be needing them.

I presume it's a standard lead-acid battery.

Nope, they will be a traction battery - also lead/acid, but a different
kettle of fish.

When I had a BMW R100RS bike the asking price for a replacement
battery was some 60-odd quid (a lot at the time!). I got an identical
(Yuasa?) battery from a local auto electrical firm for half this,
although it had to be ordered in specially (a couple of days).