Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Doorbells - what is it

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 23:43:39 +0100, Dave Liquorice
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 09:54:40 GMT, Jethro_uk wrote:

Local councillor suggested a "No access to college" road sign, but
admitted that if they hadn't read the "Cul de Sac" road sign, then
they're not going to read that. So at least we saved a few quid there.

But there are many places that *are* accessed down cul-de-sacs. A sign
saying that there is "No access to college" should at least reduce the
numbers. Nothing will stop the numpties that blindly follow what the
satnav is telling them.

It might be worth trying to get the maps changed, I think there are only
2 or 3 actual suppliers of the mapping data.

And at least some of the satnav issue is simply the cost of updates. Mine
isn't that old, but already I would have spent much more on updates than
the thing cost in the first place, had I gone for them. Isn't it in our
collective interest for the maps to be accurate on all units?

One street I lived in was mis-numbered by the Ordnance Survey - halfway
down the street a number was on the wrong building and from that point
down, they were all 2 out. Of course, everything derived from the OS was
also wrong. Which in those days was almost everything to do with mapping.

--
Rod