Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Mr Squid

flipper wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 21:25:39 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 09:35:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

flipper wrote:

You know, like the modern nostalgia of "I remember when gasoline.
was 25 cents a gallon," etc.

How about 8.9 cents a gallon in 1973?

You must have been in a special place with a gas war to boot because
the national average in 1973 was around half a buck. That is, before
the embargo.

The emargo hit enroute to my next duty station.

The 'good old days' of gas lines.

I wouldn't know. I had two weeks travel time and left my '66 GTO at
home, half way between army bases. it was mothballed, in my dad's
garage for my last year of active duty. I did very little driving in
Alaska, after passing the required winter survival training course so I
could keep my military driver's license.