Lew Hodgett

Default Semi OT Electrical Question

Someone wrote:

| And of course, the local inspector
|is the final authority.

"Wes Stewart" added:

Unfortunately, so true.

snip a tale of inspection woes

Your tale reminds me of my first supervisor, a brilliant engineer who
designed and built his own home.

The electrical distribution system was a marvel to observe. It included the
early vintage low voltage control.

When it was time for the electrical inspection before things could be
finished, my supervisor took the day off and made arrangements to meet the
electrical inspector to be on site to answer any questions he may have.

A point of reference, at this point in time, unless it was knob and tube, a
union electrician would not wire a house.

This was not a knob and tube job since my supervisor did the work.

This obviously raised a red flag, but so be it.

As the story was related to me, my supervisor so totally overwhelmed the
inspector with information that it was unnecessary to baffle him with
bull****.

(He had that way about him)

After about 20 minutes, inspector signed off on the job.

--
Lew

Visit: http://home.earthlink.net/~lewhodgett for Pictures