Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
john B. john B. is offline

Default Aluminum Soldering

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 16:52:55 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 14:09:15 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 7/3/2012 1:53 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

But it appears to be a very dirty trick that has managed to survive to
be occasionally played on the helpless.

I keep wondering about the "how?", though...generally a super glue
(2-methyl cyanoacrylate) has a setup time measured in a few seconds or a
minute or so on the outside. It seems fairly unlikely to me the time
between stall occupancies would be so short as to there to be a large
enough amount still active as to cause such wholesale adhesion and/or if
there were such a large amount in place it wouldn't have been noticed...

Just seems totally strange to me...and the the same story was reported
on local news here as well.

Setup time with no moisture is quite long. A puddle will stay a
puddle for quite some time, but as soon as the puddle is spread out
thin in the presence of moisture, or in some cases alkaline substance,
it cures very quichly. Baking soda sprinkled into a drop of CA
ashesive turns into a little rock pretty quickly

Given that information it sounds as though those who squat on toilets
seats with puddles of unspecified liquids on them are in danger.

Are dirty toilet seats preferred seating among certain classes?