Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Doorbells - what is it

Nightjar wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Nightjar wrote
SteveW wrote

Equally I wish all companies, shops, venues, etc. would put their
number
on their communications. My wife was meeting old workmates at a pub the
only details we could get from directories and webpages were pub name,
road and phonenumber. I phoned and asked them which number the pub was
and they seemed very suprised and didn't know, so they had to ask
someone else - I needed to know as our approach would have been to the
middle of the road, it's at least four miles long and I didn't want to
be driving up and down looking for it.

That's what Google street view is for.

Google may well have known the name of the pub.

IME the pointers are not that reliable. Nobody would have found a business
I used to own if they had relied on it being where Google said it was.

Sure, but that's not the PUB being discussed.

I bet they get most of those right.

I often use it when I'm going somewhere I've never been before.

Bit long winded on 4 miles of road tho if google knows the name of the
pub.

A pub is usually fairly easy to spot, so it doesn't take that long to look
for one, even on a long road.

Lot easier to enter the pub name tho.

What can be tedious is trying to find a particular business on a large
industrial estate, but its not so tedious as driving around looking for
it.

Sure, but we were discussing PUBS.