Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Doorbells - what is it

polygonum wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Lat/Long makes more sense.

Can't see delivery folk agreeing with you there.

Bet they would with decent modern electronic online sales which
allow anyone who wants to use that to include it in the address
with that auto loaded into the GPS in the delivery van etc.

Or anyone else who has to use it.

I know that's wrong. Mate of mine runs the local SES,
the crew that handle emergencys that the ambos and
cops and fire brigade doesn't handle. I walk for exercise
on the bush tracks on the outskirts of town etc and do
have a decent modern mobile phone with GPS in case
I break an ankle etc. Asked him how they would be able
to handle a phone call with my lat/long. He said they'd
love it. leaves anything else for dead.