Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default O/T: Warm Enough

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 16:24:43 +0000 (UTC), Larry Blanchard
wrote:

OK, we've beaten this to death with facts, suppositions, and worse.
How about a new direction.

Forget global warming. Whether or not it exists and if it does how
much we contribute to it. Take a look at what else our pollution has
caused.

Acid rain:

http://www.epa.gov/acidrain/what/index.html

Or ocean acidification:

http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/co2/story/Ocean+Acidification

I don't think there's much controversy over the fact that our carbon
emissions are causing these. Even disregarding global warming, the
effects of these would seem sufficient reason to curb air pollution.

What reminded me of this was an article in this mornings paper about
the failure of oysters to breed in Pacific Northwest waters due to
increased acidity. See:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...fication-puts-
pressure-on-oyster/

I await the inevitable "it's not our fault" chorus from the usual
suspects :-).

The EPA and NOAA, bastions of fair and balanced judgement.
Just ask Algore.

Al Gore was a politician. EPA and NOAA are in a different business.
Their predictions don't always pan out, but generally, I'd like less
mercury in my air, not more.

--
Best regards
Han