Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Amazing

basilisk wrote:
On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 07:33:27 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

To my knowledge, we in the U.S. have nothing like a physician
writing "LCP" on the patient's chart. ("DNR" is a completely
different critter.)

Maybe not exactly, but in practice.
During the recent passing of my wife, she was moved to comfort care
which involved no medical care other than I could request pain meds
if needed, no monitoring, no oxygen, no IV.

The physician didn't make this decision, it was offered as an an
option and I made the decision.

There was also a DNR issued, but it is a seperate concern than
witholding all treatment.

basilisk

With all due respect to the loss of your wife - and that is not a token
statement, what you experienced is not relevant to the previous point.
Condolences to your experience.

--

-Mike-