Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Aluminum Soldering

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 14:09:15 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 7/3/2012 1:53 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

But it appears to be a very dirty trick that has managed to survive to
be occasionally played on the helpless.

I keep wondering about the "how?", though...generally a super glue
(2-methyl cyanoacrylate) has a setup time measured in a few seconds or a
minute or so on the outside. It seems fairly unlikely to me the time
between stall occupancies would be so short as to there to be a large
enough amount still active as to cause such wholesale adhesion and/or if
there were such a large amount in place it wouldn't have been noticed...

Just seems totally strange to me...and the the same story was reported
on local news here as well.

Watch for a lawsuit against Wallymart?