Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Doorbells - what is it

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 18:52:00 +0100, polygonum wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 18:13:11 +0100, SteveW
wrote:

Equally I wish all companies, shops, venues, etc. would put their
number on their communications. My wife was meeting old workmates at a
pub the only details we could get from directories and webpages were
pub name, road and phonenumber. I phoned and asked them which number
the pub was and they seemed very suprised and didn't know, so they had
to ask someone else - I needed to know as our approach would have been
to the middle of the road, it's at least four miles long and I didn't
want to be driving up and down looking for it.

SteveW

I thought it would be a good idea instead of using serially allocated
numbers as at present, to use a number approximating to however many
metres (or yards) along the road the property is.

In almost all cases, this would leave gaps which could be used for new
properties built in gaps, or where one larger property is replaced by
two smaller ones, etc.

I've seen that done in Canada.
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: