Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default O/T: Warm Enough

On 7/2/2012 7:48 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 7/2/2012 4:02 PM, CW wrote:
"Jim Weisgram" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 19:18:00 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

Take your choice, wild fires in the west or oppressive heat waves thru
out much of the rest of the country, global warming is upon us.

Shall we continue to ignore the effect of green house gases?

Lew

I don't have an argument against greenhouse gases affecting global
climate. But I believe the wildfires are as much to do with poor
forest management (suppressing files for 100 years has built up a huge
backlog of combustible material) than the warmer climate.

Agreed.

Utah's got a dozen fire going, most of them fueled by grasses and other
small plants that grew in abundance during last year when precipitation
was high and temperatures mild, that turned into tinderboxes this year
when precipitation was low and temperatures high. Some of them were
ignited by lightning, others by human stupidity. I'm just saying that's
not the result of forest mismanagement. All of which has nothing to do
with nonexistent man-made climate change.

Looooooooooooooooooooong before there was any type of forest management
there was "no forest management". There have always been wild fires.