Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default O/T: Warm Enough

Just Wondering wrote in news:4ff29df3$0$10576$882e7ee2
@usenet-news.net:

Global warming theorists (NOT me) claim that carbon dioxide acts as an
energy trap that lowers the amount of solar energy that re-radiates back
into space, that it's this increased retention of solar energy that is
killing all the polar bears.

Yeah, about that -- polar bear population is actually *increasing*, not decreasing.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...unt-confounds-
doomsayers/article2392523/

Personally, I think that even if the globe was warming ( and I don't
think it is, at least not significantly, and if it is, it's not caused
by man), on a global scale it would probably be a good thing. More
energy inevitably would result in increased plant growth, which would
feed more animals as well. On a global scale it would be worth it to
push beachfront property farther inland in return for a global
environment that's more hospitable to life in general.

Talk to any geologist, and he'll tell you that during much of its existence, the planet has
been much warmer than it is now. Too many people make the mistake of thinking that the
conditions we experience now are necessarily both normal and optimal, without any
evidence for either belief.