Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Making a micrometer stop for a Clausing lathe

In article ,
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message news:joegwinn-
Sure, I could do all that. I have the sine bar and the gauge
blocks.
But it's a lot of trouble, and the special tool makes sense to me on
an
available-time economy basis.

Joe Gwinn

These make milling angles easy:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Cut the blank longer than the width of the blocks so the vise jaws
will grab the ends. Otherwise the work is difficult to hold down

Yes, they are a good approach, and I have an adjustable version of the
same, and it would not be difficult to adjust the block to the desired
angle. This will come in handy for one-off jobs, but for the Clausing
V-rail grooves I decided that a specialized tool was worthwhile.

Joe Gwinn

PS: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/toolex/item/857295/ Bought
used for maybe 10% of listed price; don't recall the details. Nor do I
know who sells this in the US.