Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scion[_2_] Scion[_2_] is offline

Default Doorbells - what is it

Jethro_uk spake thus:

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 10:30:18 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
GPS mapping doesn't necessarily work down to front door level
particularly in areas with flats having multiple flats per door or
doors per building.

Or out in the sticks. Our post code plonks you in the middle of a
field 1/2 a mile away. There is no road name to find the house name
(no numbers) along either.

Quite. I used my TomTom to find a caravan site my brother was at -
using the postcode. Tried to take me up the driveway of a different
farm.

My current bugbear is that there is a large college just round the
corner from us, on the main road. But clearly sat navs think the route
is along our cul de sac. It's no so bad the cars turning outside our
house. But the big HGVs really do chew the road up - when they're not
bashing the kerbs. Local councillor suggested a "No access to college"
road sign, but admitted that if they hadn't read the "Cul de Sac" road
sign, then they're not going to read that. So at least we saved a few
quid there.

Except it's quite possible the college is in a cul de sac.