Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Doorbells - what is it

On 7/3/2012 3:40 AM, Dave Liquorice wrote:

Or out in the sticks. Our post code plonks you in the middle of a field
1/2 a mile away. There is no road name to find the house name (no
numbers) along either.

Like us, then.

The Ambulance service had a campagne a while back to update their address
database you could ring 'em up and give them NGR, Lat/Long or talk them
through your location so they could pinpoint you on their map.

When having stuff delivered, I put a description in the special
directions/message/comments box (assuming one is provided!)"first house
on left after causeway" - otherwise they wind up miles down the road,
where someone points them at the local PO, and he sends them back in our
direction.
It was _really_ bad before the area had decent mobile coverage. Now we
sometimes get calls from bewildered drivers, and have to talk them in.