Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default Home Warranty companies

On 7/2/2012 7:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 17:44:18 -0700, SMS
wrote:

My brother in Florida has a home warranty policy. He's gotten numerous
A/C repairs, as well as repairs on other appliances, and on his pool
pump. I think he had a 30 year old electric dryer which made horrible
noises, but which the warranty company kept repairing to a point where
it dried the clothes (after all it's really just a motor and a heating
element, both of which are cheap).

They will try to find ways to deny payment, which is why you see all the
complaints.

Numerous repairs on an AC?

Not uncommon in Florida where the A/C is often on 24/7 for most of the
year to have a problem every 7 or 8 years. He's been in the house for
30 years or so.