Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vertical Geothermal HVAC

On Jul 2, 5:56*am, CRNG wrote:
On Jul 1, 12:36*pm, JIMMIE wrote:

Recently *my HVAC compressor unit was stolen form a vacation home, soon to be permanent residence. *I was thinking about upgrading to geothermal given that there are already 2 400 ft water wells on the property. I am trying to find some meaningful info but so far all I can find is sales pitches even when talking to an installer.

That's because any meaningful info (i.e. total life cycle cost) of a
ground source heat pump would indicate that it isn't generally cost
effective when compared to typical alternatives.

Think about it: If there was a lot of cost-data supporting the
purchase, wouldn't the sales people be presenting it?

The above is generally true, from what I've seen. If you look at
the total cost, geothermal has a very long payback period and
for many applications the payback could be never.