Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Doorbells - what is it

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
We have a fully working doorbell. I really can see how you can miss it.
It's about 4'6" off the ground on the lock side of the door - exactly
where you would expect to find it.

Luckily, I work in a front room, facing the street, so I can see people
coming up the path. That way, I know they are there, because for some
reason very few people seem to know what a doorbell is for. I've just
had a guy pathetically tapping the glass which seems to be what they
must teach nowadays.

I must ask the next numpty why they didn't use the doorbell.

Something I can't understand either. I have a well fitting vestibule door
which effectively stops a knock on the front door being heard other than
in the hall. But two doorbells which can be heard easily anywhere in the
house even above a radio etc. And you can hear them work from outside the
house.

--
*When it rains, why don't sheep shrink? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.