Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Locating centerline

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012 14:14:19 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson
wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 06:40:28 -0700, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Where are the corners on an oblong piece of wood?

At the intersections of the edges?

Huh?

I'm not Moe, but "oblong" always meant a rectangle (with four corners)
when I was very young; it was only later that I saw it referred to as an
elongated form of a base shape. I think some of the posters are assuming
the OP meant an oval (although they make mention of a flat side, so maybe
not?) and others are assuming a rectangle...

I not only assumed 'oval'- I also mis-read 'centerline' as 'center'.

'Centerline' seems to favor the idea of an oval-- but has the op been
back to straighten any of us out?

Jim