Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Warm Enough

On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 08:18:21 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 7/1/2012 9:27 AM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 08:24:37 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
Shall we continue to ignore the effect of green house gases?

Oh good God,ITS SUMMER!!!!!
The sky is not falling.

You mean it hasn't fallen *yet*.

No not down here in Texas, how about up in Canada? LOL

It really agitates the believers that the world is not splitting open as
we speak, so they blame the melting ice cube floating in the Olympic
sized pool for raising the pool level 3'.

Strange how the oceans can raise so much from nothing being added and
oddly it is only raising in certain locations. A reasonable person
might suspect local conditions. Take Venice or Chocolate City for instance.

Didn't Algore say FORTY FEET? More like 2.9mm/yr according to
satellite studies, which nets out at about 11.4" in a -century-.
And that's only if it continues. My SWAG is that Mother Nature will
self-correct at much less, as she's always done.

Tuvalu and Holland might need to go on piers, though.

--
If you're trying to take a roomful of people by
surprise, it's a lot easier to hit your targets