Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Doorbells - what is it

Brian Gaff wrote

How do they know they don't work,

They cant hear the bell ring.

it may just be that with all the cctv nowadays, people just don't bother
to come to the door if its something unexpected.

And presumably most just deliberately ignore
those that appear to be Joveys and sales fools.

Rod Speed wrote
Jethro_uk wrote

We have a fully working doorbell. I really can see how you can miss it.
It's about 4'6" off the ground on the lock side of the door - exactly
where you would expect to find it.

Luckily, I work in a front room, facing the street, so I can see people
coming up the path. That way, I know they are there, because for some
reason very few people seem to know what a doorbell is for. I've just
had
a guy pathetically tapping the glass which seems to be what they must
teach nowadays.

I must ask the next numpty why they didn't use the doorbell.

Many of the delivery apes don't because they see so many that don't work.