Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default O/T: Amazing

Larry Jaques wrote:

So what? I opt out/boycott/don't buy the exotic tennies, rent
speaking weasels, donate to corrupt politicians, or support tree
huggers. But when I need meds, I want them to be reasonably priced.
The fact that our own pharmceutical companies sell the exact same
drugs to Europe and the rest of the world at 1/5 (or less) the price
they gouge us for, to me, is unconscionable. I can't opt out of
needing meds, though losing weight is doing as much for my high BP as
the Lisinopril. Luckily, it's one of the $4/mo drug prescriptions. The
cost of one month's worth of HIV drugs exceeds the annual income of
citizens from most other nations.

The medical community has put itself on pedestals which we can no
longer afford to ignore or condone.

It's called Mutual Assured Destruction. Canada, for example, goes to Pfizer
and says: "We'll pay your cost of production plus ten percent for your new
miracle drug."

Pfizer says: "Not by the hair of our chinney-chin-chins!"

Canada comes back with "Then we'll abrogate our treaty on mutual patent
protection under the rubric of saving lives. The World Court and everybody
else will be on our side."

"We'd be more comfortable at 12.5%..."