Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Doorbells - what is it

On Monday, July 2, 2012 10:28:15 AM UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Oh I'm glad you posted this. I get this as well. In fact my bell has to be
pushed quite hard but not excessively so, so not only do I get the double
glazed knock but also the wimpy push brigade as well. I explained that my
bell push is perfectly normal, its old and hence needs mor than a gnats wing
to press it though.
I have a door phone as well and this seems to confuse them when my
disembodied voice appears on a little speaker box. Where have these peaople
been broaght up?

Dragged up, maybe put a note next to it saying "DO NOT Push Hard" might work ;-)
Years ago I used to hang importent message upside down on doors and windows or make really bad spelling mistakes and them someone would come up and say you've put it up the wrong way of spelt it wrongly so I asked them what was wrong and then I'd say well at least you read it.
A notice which says please close the door behind you seems to work better upside down or perhaps that's just with students ;-)

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
We have a fully working doorbell. I really can see how you can miss it.
It's about 4'6" off the ground on the lock side of the door - exactly
where you would expect to find it.

Luckily, I work in a front room, facing the street, so I can see people
coming up the path. That way, I know they are there, because for some
reason very few people seem to know what a doorbell is for. I've just had
a guy pathetically tapping the glass which seems to be what they must
teach nowadays.

I must ask the next numpty why they didn't use the doorbell.