Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark BR[_2_] Mark BR[_2_] is offline

Default Doorbells - what is it

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
We have a fully working doorbell. I really can see how you can miss it.
It's about 4'6" off the ground on the lock side of the door - exactly
where you would expect to find it.

Luckily, I work in a front room, facing the street, so I can see people
coming up the path. That way, I know they are there, because for some
reason very few people seem to know what a doorbell is for. I've just had
a guy pathetically tapping the glass which seems to be what they must
teach nowadays.

I must ask the next numpty why they didn't use the doorbell.

most people now call you on your mobile to say they are outside your door
rather than ring the bell and maybe disturb you.

I don't understand ............

--

MarkBR