Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gap at bottom of door

On Jul 1, 9:23*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jul 2012 18:41:42 -0700 (PDT), Rick Greenspoon

wrote:
There is A GAPING ONE INCH GAP between the bottom of the door and the
metal panel that it closes onto !!!

The plastic cover at the bottom of the door has served little more
than a visual finishing.
Cold and noise have obviously been coming in through that gap for
years.

I don't know what type of door it is metal/wood?
But whatever is the cheapest available, that's it! *

I would like to close that one inch gap as best as possible.

Would anyone be able to suggest the best method?

TIA

Probably not anywhere near as bad as you say. *The cover is designed
to do exactly what it did, fill in the gap. *"Expanders" are quite
common on some door styles.

Take the door off and glue a piece of wood in place, or, fill it with
insulation and put it back using the same screw holes. *That is
probably the best bet as you don't know metal from wood.- Hide quoted text -

My thoughts exactly - anyone who can't tell the difference between
metal and wood probably shouldn't be trying to do anything this
complicatedg.