Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Hacking a PCB: How to Remove Coating

On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 15:50:29 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Hacking a Park-Zone POS to make it work accurately, I find the PCB has a
relatively thick clear coating.

What's the best way to remove the coating without damaging components?

Try acetone. IIRC it doesn't touch most electronics components, but it
does dissolve conformal coat.

'course, if that clear coating doesn't come off with it, it's no help.

http://www.wescottdesign.com