duncan

Default designing a central heating system - wow

Hey guys

What a response.

Its funny that not matter how you pose a question on here about
heating/ho****er it always ends with combis in the red corner and
conventional systems in the green corner, fighting it out. LOL

I feel that I'm a well confident DIYer having now nearly completed the whole
house extension myself. Wouldn't choose a combi for its convenience unless
it fits the bill.

Andy - I've sent away for that book so will take a few evenings reading
that.

With combis its even more important to get the piping sizes correct and
design right to prevent hot water not feeding enough sources (kitchen,
shower etc.)

It is still bothering me that having two showers in use in the morning is
still
gonna be a problem with a combi. Plus the missus likes a bath and not sure
that
she has the patients to wait for it.

Thermal stores - any suggestions on them please.

What sort of cylinder should I go for if i go down the convential route?

duncan
well at least i'll have all weekend to read the response lol

"duncan" wrote in message
hi,

Any recommendations for sources of information on
designing a central heating/ho****er system for please.

have found sites that provide info on rating the boiler/rads
but nothing on the actual design. type of heat storage etc.

duncan