Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Vertical Geothermal HVAC

Recently my HVAC compressor unit was stolen form a vacation home, soon to be permanent residence. I was thinking about upgrading to geothermal given that there are already 2 400 ft water wells on the property. I am trying to find some meaningful info but so far all I can find is sales pitches even when talking to an installer. Current HVAC was a 4 ton heat pump about 5 years old. Air handler is still in good condition. I am looking for info that will let me know whether or not I can use the wells and/ or the existing air handler.

TIA
Jimmie