Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Amazing

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 16:34:57 -0700, Doug Winterburn wrote:

Health care, retirement, sexual orientation and all the other things the
feds are now in the middle of are not in the purview of the Constitution
or the intended power of the federal government.

As I said, there *was* no health care back then. Why do you assume the
founders would have not considered it as a possible right if todays level
of care existed? I don't assume they would have, but it's possible.

They did the best they could for an agrarian low tech society. Some of
their principles (reached after much compromising) are still applicable -
others need adjustments for reality.