Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Got the Bamboo Plywood (pic)

On 6/30/12 8:54 PM, Steve Turner wrote:
On 6/30/2012 5:29 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
Here's a pic of the Plyboo I got.
http://www.mikedrums.com/bamboo_on_saw.jpg

Expensive stuff but man is it gorgeous. Cuts like butta and smells
great.
Soon to be cabinet doors, drawer fronts, and cabinet sides.

How heavy is that stuff compared to a sheet of regular plywood? Bamboo
is pretty light isn't it?

First of all, get back over on Facebook. This was for all the
dial-up-ers. :-)

Secondly, it's pretty heavy. I think it's lighter than birch 7 ply, but
not by much.
One noticeable thing is how rigid it is. There's hardly any deflection
at all... some lengthwise and none noticeable width wise. Probably due
to the orientation of the middle ply.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)