Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_3_] ChairMan[_3_] is offline

Default Bust up a cast iron bathtub

Frank J Warner wrote:
Tiny bathroom renovation. 5-ft built-in 50-year-old cast iron bathtub
needs to come out. Because of the configuration, it can't come out in
one piece. I need to bust it up.

My SawsAll is on its last legs. Tried cutting some CRS with a metal
blade and it just laughed at me.

I have 5-lb. and 10-lb. hammers with sharp cold chisels and the labor
to use them but no room to swing the hammers.

I have a right-angle grinder and can put a metal-cutting blade on it.
Slow. Noisy. Lots of sparks. Most of all slow.

I also have an OA rig but am afraid of setting the house on fire.

What's the best way to bust one of these suckers up?

-Frank

just busted one out with a sledge hammer 20#
got it to busted up a little then it cracked in half and took it out in
2 pieces and a few smaller ones