Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Breaking the epoxy bond under SMD ?

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 13:28:52 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

By the way, it's rather wordy. It could stand another editing pass.

One of the exercises that I survived in college was to reduce a
technical article down to its basics by either removing words or
rewriting them with a shorter equivalent. I became rather adept at
this exercise and later introduced various prospective tech writers to
the concept. It's often amazing how much verbage can be surgically
extracted from an article without affecting the meaning.

PS: I'm typing this on a Unicomp buckling-spring keyboard. It's the only way
to type.

http://www.pckeyboard.com
Bah... I constantly switch computah keyboards when I work on multiple
machines in my office, and when I use various machines at customers
locations. As long as the general layout is similar, it only takes me
a few seconds to adapt to a new keyboard. These vary from glass touch
screens (Android, iPad, etc), elastometric flat (industrial
controller), rubberized (restaurant kitchen), almost flat with minimal
travel (laptop), dome keys (cheap keyboard), X shaped wire (better
laptop keyboards), and antique teletype machines (brute force finger
exerciser). Keyboards that give me problems are laptops where the
keyboard layout is rearranged to provide room for the add keys which
are never used, and Apple "chiclet" keyboards, which jam on the sides
of the keys when dirty. If you're stuck on one keyboard style, I
suggest you try some others. You might learn to like them better.
http://www.ergocanada.com/ergo/keyboards/mechanical_vs_membrane_keyswitches.html

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D