Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Line 6 guitar amp

"spamtrap1888"
"Phil Allison"

Being suspicious of the stick-on thermal pads,

Was this adhesive meant to be thermally conductive? Or did the
assembly house just use whatever was on hand to get the work out?

** The pads were "self adhesive " = like stamps.

The reason for the dual channel failure is almost certainly that the owner
plugged both outputs into the same speaker cab.

Forgive my ignorance of musical instrument speakers, but why would the
cabinet have been designed to make this possible,

** What cabinet is that ?

" I have a Line 6 " Spider II " amp in the workshop (this is the head only
version .. "

..... Phil