Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Got the Bamboo Plywood (pic)

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 20:17:53 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

On 6/30/12 8:09 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 20:01:54 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

On 6/30/12 7:27 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Wow thats thick veneer. It looks nice.
How much was a 4x8 sheet. I think you told us a while back, but the mind
is not what it used to be...

It goes for around $200+ on the internet, plus shipping which can easily
top 100 bucks.
Locally, at least $300 if you can find it in stock. Special orders will
be that much plus freight.

Indeed, it's beautiful stuff. I looked on the Internet. It seems there is a
company that sells it for about $200 in Atlanta. I wonder if kitchen or
flooring places can get it? How does it glue? IIRC, bamboo floring calls for
a special (expensive) glue.

I was considering driving to Atlanta to get it, but not only was this
"chocolate" not in stock anywhere, I ended up getting mine shipped for
less than gas for a trip to Atl.

I'm in the (slow) process of moving to the SW Atlanta area. One of the
advantages is the proximity to the toy stores. ;-)

The data sheets all say it glues fine with regular wood glues.

Nice! Thanks. The stuff, particularly the 3/4", is pricey but it is
beautiful. I may play with some of the 1/4" for panels first.