Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aluminum Soldering

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 13:53:45 -0700, wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 22:40:23 -0400, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

[...]

The best for gluing steel to brass (which I do most often) is
Household Goop.

I'm pretty sure it's a chemistry issue. For such things, one asks the
glue manufacturer. If I recall, brass is the problem.

The glue manufacturers I asked did not have a dicky. Indeed brass is
the problem. It does not matter how you pre-treat it. Incantations and
saying Lord' prayer backwards does not work either.

Just Goop.

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

You saying BRASS is difficult to solder?????