Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default Wet wood

F Murtz wrote:
What is the best range of moisture content for turning timber?

I have never even seen a moisture meter. I rough turn while wet
(green) leaving a thickness of about 10 % of the diameter in bowls.
Then I put them in paper bags with the top rolled over and set them in
the un-heated, un-cooled part of my shop. After about a month I start
weighing them every two weeks and writing the weight in grams on the
rim. When it stops losing weight it is about as dry as it is going to
get in that environment. Then I turn it.

--
G.W. Ross

And I thought phrenology with a
ball-peen hammer was a dying art!