Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default O/T: Amazing

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 14:01:28 -0400, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

On 6/30/2012 12:41 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 00:12:47 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Plan F. No deductible, no co-pay, no paperwork. Most expensive option
though. Has some coverage for foreign travel too. Varies by state and
insurance but my cost is $230/month.

I went with B. No co-pay or paperwork, but doesn't pay the doctors
deductible. It does pay the hospital deductible. I found that the
difference between B and C was greater than the cost of the deductible.
And yes, C does cover a few other things but I though those were minor.

We pay about $140 each thru AARP. I don't remember what you get
additional for F over and above the deductible, but I didn't think it was
worth an extra $90 a month.

You need to talk to an insurance agent that has access to several
different companies, and compare the cost for what you are getting.

Especially watch the out-of-pocket expense maximum and the deductible.
For some companies these items are additive. ie. if your out-of-pocket
maximum is 3000 and your maximum deductible is 3000 you will have to
come up with 6000 if the cost of the procedure is large enough.

We're talking Medicare supplements. Plan C is plan C no matter the
company. Plan ? is Plan ? no matter the company. This is mandated by
the government. Only difference is cost. I was able to save $35 a
month with AARP over Blue Cross but it is the same policy with either
company. Start here
https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan...ions/home.aspx