Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default spirit levels

On Jun 30, 1:39*pm, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
Bill wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes

I notice that branded ones say they are accurate to 0.5mm/m but
unbranded ones keep quiet about their accuracy!

TIA

As I am an electrician I have to ask "what is a spirit level and
why would you need one?"

They *are handy for leaning on, when I hurt my back earlier this year
I used one as a walking stick for a couple of days.

Handy for beating the apprentice with?

I spent an hour last week teaching an apprentice to use one. He is OK with
new builds where the back boxes are surface mounted but he struggled with
rewires where the boxes are sunk flush and he could not rest the level on
top of the back box. He got there in the end. I double checked all the boxes
he installed and only one had to be altered.

I was rather pleased with his work. In fact I was so pleased with his work I
sent him to the shop in the pouring rain to buy 2 massive bacon, sausage and
egg sandwiches for us (with my money). I even let him use my hi-viz
waterproof jacket and my hi-viz waterproof trousers for the trip:-)

--
Adam- Hide quoted text -

Don't you get the backboxes with the moveable screw fixing to get
round that problem?