Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Frost Free faucet

On Jun 29, 6:46*pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:
I just put in a frost free faucet. *It was working OK for a while but
then it started to get not come on. *If I played with it (off, on,
off, on ) then it would come on. *Now no matter what I do it won't
come on. The water is turned on to it so I'm sure that is not the
issue and water does go to the pipe. *I'm thinking somehow it is the
frost free faucet. *Any suggestions on how to repair it?

Hi,
You are the one who put it in. You are the one who should know best
what's going on.

Good advice except: Ever try to take one apart? The only time I
succeeded is after I dug it up, put it in a vice and used a BIG pipe
wrench. they are screwed together so tight you can't dissassemble in
place. At least I haven't succeded with 4 of mine and I tried them
all.

If I ever replace one of my bad ones, I will take it apart and
reassemble with reasonable torque before I install it.

Harry K